Research Institute for Tourism
The Research Institute for Tourism is a non-profit organization founded in July 1996 with the initiative of the Hellenic Chamber of Hoteliers and of other tourism agents, with the main objective to study the tourism sector in Greece and other competitive countries. More specifically it aims to:
- Carry out scientific studies referring to the problems of the Greek tourist economy and the Greek economy, in general, and to formulate suggestions and solutions that could help the development of the Greek tourist sector and the Greek economy.
- Follow the national and international economic developments and examine the possible effects they would have on the tourist sector.
- Carry our studies on structural problems (institutional, technical, economic problems etc.).
- Carry out feasibility studies for tourism-involved enterprises.
- Advise state agencies on matters concerning the tourism sector.
- Organize International Tourism Conventions.
- Assist the task of the Greek Chamber of Hoteliers.
The Research Institute for Tourism accomplishes its objects by any legal means it possesses. Particularly by:
- Employing full-time and part-time personnel.
- Co-operating with other Greek and foreign institutions.
- Organizing specialized library and information data.
- Publishing special studies as well as a biannual tourist scientific magazine.